Are reviews really that important? Can they really help my business?
90% of customers will read reviews before they commit to buy. NINETY PERCENT. In fact, if they have done their Facebook investigating not only do they know about your business—they also may know your birthday and where you ate on March 18, 2013.
If you are looking to grow your business to anyone that does not know you personally, you need to make sure you get people to leave you, preferably stellar, Facebook reviews. Your Facebook business page is your combined resume and billboard for your business, so don’t underestimate the power of what reviews could do to your business.
The 5 Top Reasons Reviews are AWESOME!
- Creates Engagement. People like the bottom line. Good or Bad. Yay or Nay. When you are getting a “Yay” from a customer—that will stick in people’s mind. It create engagement both on and off social media. It opens the door for conversations and questions.
- Increased sales. A person is MUCH more likely going to buy from you if they have seen from previous customer’s that you have great reviews for your service and product. It has been proven that business owners see an average of a 9% increase in sales for every star they get.
- Audience Needs. It’s no surprise that the market is always changing. Just make sure you are changing along with it! Getting those reviews will definitely help you find out what your audiences likes and needs and conform to it!
- Improved Rankings. You may not understand much of the backend Facebook tech stuff, but reviews help your page become more valuable to be shown up in the Facebook search results AND even Google results!
- Let’s your customer’s do your marketing for you! Who doesn’t love free marketing? Having a happy customer is the BEST marketing. If they are happy and recommend you—you will reap the benefits!
But HOW do I get reviews?
- One of the most popular ways is reaching out to your current customer’s and asking them to leave a review on your business page. Be sure to send them the link directly where they need to leave the review. The easier you make it for them, the more likely they are to do it!
- Offer a discount! Tell your customer that you will give them a percentage off their next purchase if they leave a review for you.
- Screenshot your previous reviews, thank the person that left them via a post on your business page.
What if I get negative reviews?
Negative reviews happen. Sometimes no matter how happy you make a customer they are always going to complain. Unfortunately, in this instance you are the unlucky victim. So how do you combat it?
- Own it. If you truly did make a mistake or were not on par for the day—own it, apologize, and move on.
- Make sure you are responding genuinely, not making yourself sound like you are a corporation.
- Take it offline. Message your client directly and try to diffuse the situation. Drama doesn’t do any good for anyone!
So, yes. Reviews are important. And yes, pursue getting them for your page. They are the cornerstone of your business and how successful it is going to be. I already know you’re awesome, we just need to let everyone else in on it too!